We are in our fourth year of distillation. We use a time-tested
method of steam distillation in our still and distill several
varieties of our French and English lavenders. Our pure
essential oil is for sale year round direct from the farm
or on-line and is used as the base for many of our products.
Here are some many uses for for lavender oil:
- Add a few drops to a water-filled spray bottle to soothe your sunburn.
- Dab a few drops on your skin to keep the mosquitoes away!
- Mix ½ cup plain yogurt, 2T. honey and 6 drops of lavender oil to make facial mask. This will help shrink pores.
- To cleanse hair and boost shine, make a hot-oil treatment by mixing ½ cup olive oil with 10 drops lavender oil; warm in microwave, then apply to damp hair. Wrap hair in plastic wrap and leave for 5 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual.
- Make a lavender steam facial by putting 3 drops of lavender oil in a pot of boiling water; put a towel over your head and lean over pot for 5 minutes. The antibacterial properties of lavender will help clear blemishes and act as a decongestant.
- Add a drop onto the telpha pad of a band-aid to aid healing.
- Add a few drops to bath or hot tub water for a truly relaxing experience.
- To ease a headache adds a drop or two to a cold or warm compress.
- And there's more ... on a piece of cloth in the dryer to fragrance clothing; on a terra cotta dish on top of your woodstove; in a box of tissue; in your spray bottle for ironing or to just "sweeten" the air; on cotton balls in dresser drawers, suitcases, purses and cars; on a light bulb to bring fragrance with light ...